Friday, November 23, 2007

Thu Fri 22 23 Nov 2007

My red blood cell count managed to return to normal, but my white cell count is below the normal range. I will continue to track these immune fighters as they have to work harder to recover. The ovarian cancer count is also down, but the Dr’s have said that this is not the only measure for my cancer, so I am not making this the biggest focus. I am still struggling with my sore joints. Every bone in my body is aching. The nausea is under control as is the rash this time around.
Yesterday I went for x-rays on my right hip. The hip has been bothering me for some months now and I attributed the discomfort to the cyst (now called tumour) causing pressure inside. The medical report is all in Afrikaans and contains words that even my well versed Afrikaans family cannot understand. I did scan and email the report to the Dr’s yesterday afternoon and phoned today to get feedback. But.. the stand in Dr has left the office for the day…. Uuuurrrrrrggghhhhhh!!!! Dr L is back on Monday so guess who will be on the phone to her Monday morning!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Hi Alida,

Seems like you can start to live with the process, but now you are KPI driven. Very Maersk! So many red blood cells vs so many white ones. I understand this is crucial to you, but as you know don't let KPI's drive you. The important thing is how you feel. I won't be in South Africa early december. Trip has been postponed to late january or early februari. By then you will have fully recovered and we can have a nice drink, lunch or dinner together.

Ei said...

Monday will come...deal with it then. Meantime rest like you are supposed to and laugh like you need to!