Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thu 15 Nov 2005 Reach for a Dream

How time flies - Today is a month since my operation! I have been really tired today and had a great afternoon nap. A few visitors did whistle stops and a friend took me out for lunch which was wonderful as I don’t get out much at all (except for medical reasons). This afternoon a wonderful lady from the medical aid phoned me. She is going to research my current plan options and recommend the options I need for next year to limit my personal exposure of medical expenses not covered by the plan. There are a number of surprises in this (for example, all visits to the oncologist are paid from the savings plan and not the oncology programme) and I am still learning about them. She has however committed to get back to me next week with all the facts.
I have a very close friend who put up her first born for adoption about 19 years ago. About 5 weeks ago she met her daughter for the very first time. Since then the daughter has met her husband, son, grandfather, etc. Tonight my friend has invited her closest friends to pop around to meet her daughter – I am sure there are going to be quite a few tears!

We managed to collect ZAR14,000 for terminally ill children (charity fund Reach for a Dream). THANK YOU for your generous contributions. I transferred the money this morning. See the email below: As I get updates from the organisation, I will publish them.

From: Judith Muirhead [mailto:judith@reachforadream.org.za] Sent: 15 November 2007 10:09To: 'Alida'Subject: RE: Donation

Hi Alida,

Wow – I just saw the notification come through to let us know about the donation, and I’m sitting here with a very big smile on my face! Thank you for your very generous donation – we will certainly use these funds for some very special treats – I’ll keep you updated at all times with the dreams that we are able to fulfill with these funds…. It might take a few weeks until I get back to you with feedback, but I will certainly send it through as soon as the dreams have been fulfilled – we’ve got some very special ones coming in at the moment.

Thanks again for helping us make a real difference in a child’s life – these dreams really do last a lifetime and truly help these very special and brave children fight and beat their illnesses.

Best wishes,
Judith

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! well done on the fund raiser. It will be nice to hear who benefitted from the donation. Hopefully Judith will send some pics as well.

See you Sunday for lunch.

Stay focused
Love
Dickey

Anonymous said...

stay positive ada, well done to you all xxx colin

Unknown said...

R14,000 .... well done Alida. That's a serious amount of money and I'm sure it's going to make some kids in the Reach for a Dream programme very happy.

One month gone already. On the one hand it probably feels like a life time but on the other it has gone very quickly. Before you know it all the treatment will be over and you'll be back on the road to a full recovery.

I look forward to having you back here to sort everyone out.

Good luck for Monday