Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sat Sun 03 04 Nov 2007 Side effects settle

I am a bit more in the mood for writing this week-end.

On Tuesday morning as Dylan was saying good-bye to go to school, I was really weepy and asked “What if all this chemo is all for nothing? What if it all does not work”? Well, was I in for a surprise – Dylan did not offer any hugs or sympathy, just became really assertive “What have you always taught us… you must think positive… how would I pass my exams if I went into them thinking that I am going to fail. YOU KNOW this disease is all about your emotional thinking”!!! How was that – I got a kick in the arse from my own son !! (I am actually quite proud of him – all the years of moulding have paid off).

Have I ever mentioned that I am stubborn – ha ha ha ha. Dr L provided a medicine script on Thursday last week for all my side effects, which also covered a 5 days cortisone course. Well, I have not been taking the cortisone for my rash and Ian has been looking all over to Camomile essential oil. He eventually found it today and guess what – it is working miracles on the rash (which is now all over my body). Marietjie popped around yesterday with a goody bag from the health shop and I will continue to take the products to increase my body alkaline levels. I hope all these natural products reduce the side effects in Chemo round 2.

Friday, Saturday and today we had a gentle flow of visitors which meant I did not get my afternoon siestas, but I did manage to sleep each evening without a sleeping tablet. My joints are feeling much better and the nausea has settled (for 2 weeks)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hej alida...
thinking of you! I liked the story about what your son said, that is what we say in dutch 'een koekje van eigen deeg krijgen' :-)
all the best, danny

Isabel-Anne Meeding said...

Dear Alida. So glad it is already going better! It will give you a little more time to prepare for the next session. Thinking of you...

Ei said...

Go Dylan!!

The moment of doubt is only natural but you got the reminder you needed now stay focussed on it.
I hope that the process of round 2 will be easier to 'manage'.

As always I've asked the Angels to watch over you.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing son you have Alida ... but then he has a really amazing Mom!! Glad to hear that things are going a bit better. Lots of love to u - Dawn

Anonymous said...

well done Dylan, you are so right, you guys will all need to keep each other motivated cause there will be days when it is needed. So proud of you Alida and we are here for you guys. Love Sanche' & family x

Anonymous said...

Been reading your blog. Got the link from Tertia's site. I am thinking of you and sending you "feel good" vibes. I will be checking into your blog every day.

Take care, look after yourself.
Dominique x

Anonymous said...

CHIN UP the road is long but the horison is visible.