Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mon 05 Nov 2007 Pathologist visit

Today I had to go for my first blood test, just a full blood count as my red and white cells are now at their lowest. This also means that my immune system is at it lowest (7 – 10 days post chemo). All sick people and shopping malls are to be avoided for the next few days. As I am not allowed to drive yet, I have had to all on my chauffeuring services once again. Thank-you Anet and Malinda. After the pathologists we popped in at the NG Church Stellenberg (Monday morning is their quietest time) – they have the most fantastic Christmas craft market annually, this year they have 188 exhibitors. I could not keep my eyes open this afternoon – just goes to show that my body is not 100% fit, a little outing and I am buggered!

1 comment:

Isabel-Anne Meeding said...

Dear Alida, "I leave this notice on my door for each accustomed visitor: 'I am gone into the fields to take what this sweet hour yields; Reflection, you may come tomorrow, Sit by the fireside of Sorrow, You with the unpaid bill, Despair; You tiresome verse-reciter, Care, I will pay you in the grave, Death will listen to your stave. Expectation, too, be off! Today is for itself enough!" (Percy Bysshe Shelley)
May today be for itself enough...