Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mon-Wed 19-21 Nov 2007 Chemo Round 2 : Side effects

Monday I felt anxious as I headed off to chemo round 2. Dr L, my oncologist is on holiday for 2 weeks so I saw another Dr, who was 45 minutes late in seeing me. I had to explain to him exactly what ‘anti’ medication I was on. This really surprised me as it should surely be noted on my medical records. Started chemo at 12h00 and this was rushed into my bloodstream as the chemo room closes at 16h30. I felt really jittery and nauseas thru the whole process. Sian did pop around to massage my feet – absolute bliss and it did manage to calm me down. Came home and went straight to bed, woke up at 19h00 for a bite to eat and then back to bed again with a sleeping tablet. Tuesday I spent the better part of the day in bed trying to sleep off the tiredness and nausea. Today I have a bit more energy but my right ankle has started aching. I am drinking loads of water and taking 3 anti-nausea medications, one anti-histamine (for the rash) and started anti-inflammatory this morning, but this is leaving me shaking like a leaf in the wind. I am really shaky!

2 comments:

RicharD said...

I remeber you at a SCS party - all SHAKIN RATTLING and ROLLING .. uh huh

Isabel-Anne Meeding said...

Dear Alida, maybe it is this damn wind...also shaking your leaves...hope it will be better soon!!! Thinking of you...