Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Road to Recovery

Well, after my Blogging 101 course this morning, and on Alida’s instruction to listen carefully when Dr V calls to give feedback after the op, I can report that what I remember hearing was that all the bad stuff was removed, including the remaining ovary. On the positive side, the lymph glands were 100% normal so were not removed, and all vital organs came up clean. Wasn’t thinking clearly enough to ask about the hip, further chemo sessions etc. so I will be contacting him again first thing.

The day was a bit of a blur, Alida did not want to hang around at home, so we went down to the mall, did a little shopping, then hit the hospital at 12:00. Blood drawn AGAIN, then booked in and went straight to the ward to wait! Outwardly she looked pretty calm, but believe me the emotions were in a turmoil. What an incredible, brave person and I cannot express adequately in words what she means to the boys and myself.

At this point I would just like to thank the circle of family and friends who have been such incredible pillars of support. Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts, without you it would have been so much harder to cope. I feel that the next hurdle has been successfully negotiated and we are looking forward to healthy recovery.


Until next time!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howzit Captain,
This is a great message and the news is excellent - very positive!
Please wish Alida well for us and a speedy and full recovery.
Cheers for now. Chat soon.
Francois

Ei said...

Thank you so much for posting! Please tell Alida that we continue to think of her everyday, check the blog - it's a connection, even when there is nothing new and we continue to pray for relief and recovery.
She's an amazing woman - please remind her!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news. My prayers are that she will go from strength to strength and have a speedy recovery. Maureen

Unknown said...

That really is the best news I've heard in a long time. It seems the big guy is responding to all the thoughts and prayers and we'll soon have Alida back to full strength.
The blogging 101 course paid off Ian .... you write a mean Blog

Anonymous said...

Lieve Ada , Ian and the boys
Ja je bent heel dapper, wij ook bly voor het goede nieuws.en Dank aan de Here, ook omdat je zulke fantastiese jongens en 'n lieve ondersteunende man hebt.
Liefde groeten en sterkte van
PA en Lomi

Tertia said...

That is fantastic news!!! I have been thinking of Alida non stop. I am so pleased the op went well.

Tell her I send a big fat smooch and that I am very proud of her!

Lots of love
Tertia xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Seldom has one had a day like the past two. I am truly delighted that the outcome has such a wonderful upside and that you have cleared the hurdles that were afront of you.

Now we need to stick in there and allow the body to recover and we are on your side all the way.

Greetings from everyone in Belgium, our thoughts and prayers stay with you.

Anonymous said...

It is TIME for NEXT TIME