Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday – need to update my profile – another year older and 50’s just round the corner.

This year I have been blessed with many text messages, emails and phone calls. Thank-you for all who remembered and made me feel like a princess today! We have the family and a few friends coming around tonight with Karen, my stepsister, doing all the catering.

C from Dr V’s rooms phoned me yesterday at 17h00. The assisting doctor cannot make Monday’s theatre timeslot due to a change in his schedule. The option to postpone is not favoured by Dr V and I agree with him, I personally would not like to delay anymore either. So, operation has been rescheduled with all the necessary medical approvals for Sat 9 Feb. Around 15h00 today C phoned me again, the assisting doctor has changed his schedule and the operation is back on track for Monday. The doctors prefer a normal working day as all staff are available. C kindly offered to phone the hospital and medical aid to change the dates (again).

8 comments:

Ei said...

Very glad that you had a lovely birthday!
Thinking of you as the emotional roller coaster runs - exhausting no doubt - but smart move with the Saturday option - seems to have got them all on their toes and things back the way you planned. Now we can all concentrate on sending good energy and powerful prayers for Monday. (With special requests to the Archangels).

Anonymous said...

Alida,
Although belated congratulations with your 40th+ birthday. A good Dutch hug. We will be thinking of you next Monday.
/Hans

Kendra's mom said...

Happy birthday for the other day and good luck for Monday. I will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I had a lovely time on Wednesday. Very grateful I could share your special day with you. I'll be thinking of you on Monday with lots of prayers and good wishes.

Ei said...

Alida, thinking of you this morning and praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Alida, a prayer for you today that God will protect you during this opp and that you will have a speedy recovery. I am thinking of you, Ian and the kids. Lizette

Anonymous said...

Alida, may this day pass quickly for you and we wish you a speedy recovery from the op.
Lots of love the Louws

Anonymous said...

Please ask Ian to POST something - we dont want to bother you right now at this time

Even anyone who knows how it went - SIMPLY POST A COMMENT

\PLEASE