Thursday, February 21, 2008

Post operation recovery

I had a very quiet relaxing week-end with zero visitors. Monday Dr V phoned me after he had a discussion with Dr L in terms of where we are with my health. Dr L had already submitted all the details to the medical aid for approval and the plan is to start chemo this coming Monday 25 Feb. Must admit I had to take a very deep breath to stop myself from bursting into tears. I had mentally prepared myself for 4 weeks off which would have allowed for a really nice recovery from the operation and now I am faced with just 14 days between the operation and chemo, exactly the same as what happened with the operation 15 Oct and first chemo 29 Oct. So next week I will be feeling really shitty as I have been quite nauseas these past 10 days so the chemo will just add to that! As at this morning I have still not heard from the oncology unit so I phoned them. Guess what… seems there is a delay is getting the medical approval because they have a new lady doing the work. I told them “well, I am quite used to delays from your unit as there is always some or other reason for this, but a bit of communication from your side will do wonders rather than the deafly silence!!” I am now more accepting of the fact that chemo will occur next week.

1 comment:

Ei said...

See, a little rant and there's a shift in thoughts - so glad you popped on!
Not glad the admin's a schlepp and maybe the timing is not as you had thought but you have good doctors whom you obviously trust. The prayer chains are still working overtime andI hope that you find at least an ounce of comfort knowing that.
Want a diversion? Read T's blog - back a couple of posts - the comments are the real entertainment!