Friday, February 22, 2008

Chemo Round 5 - confirmed

The oncology unit phoned me yesterday afternoon to share that the medical aid has approved the next batch of treatments. Chemo cannot happen on Monday as they don’t have all the toxic drugs in stock so I am confirmed for Tuesday. The oncologist appointment (which occurs before each chemo) is nice and early (9h00) so I should be done by 16h00.
Today I am going to try to get through the day without any painkillers. I just need to give my body a bit of a breather and it is not feeling too bad (at this stage).

5 comments:

Ei said...

I recall that experienced commenters passed on advice about natural supplements - have you tried any, do they help?
Hey what happened to the little 'sakkie' - did you stash it in the freezer? S'ppose bubbly's out of the question.
Sending good wishes from P-Town.

Helen said...

Hi there,

I have spent hours on your blog site today (luckily Tyla-Jade is with her father) Wow! I am really touched by the diary of emotions and events.

I called Mum back yesterday after I spoke to you. She sends all her love to you and your men.

Hang in there and remember that after all the suffering comes remission.

I have a friend who is now very healthy (in remission) who brewed weed and froze it in ice trays to add to her drinks after chemo.

It was quite funny when Paul put it in our brandy by mistake and we had a reaaaally nice mellowing drink.

You are in our thoughts

Lol
Helen & Paul

RicharD said...

Vasbyt en sterkte

Anonymous said...

Jacqu's was so bubbly after her long chat with you!
Good luck with the next round Alida,we hope you don't feel too crappy afterwards.
Love to the family.

Anonymous said...

test