Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Round 7 recovery

The past week has been full of the usual fatigue and nausea but worse than ever has been the pain in my ankles, knees and leg bones. It seems that with each round of chemo the pain gets worse and no amount of different pain killers seem to have an affect on the level of pain. Finally today, one week after chemo, I am feeling a bit better. I vowed today that once I am healthy and have my full energy levels back, I will never ever complain about fatigue.

Arie came out of hospital yesterday and seems to be doing reasonably. I promised my mom that I would go visit her as soon as my chemo’s are done and my blood counts are normal again. Dr L has said that I cannot fly until my blood counts have fully recovered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alida, Great to see you feeling better. Just one more round to go... Looking forward to having you back at work. Best wishes

Ei said...

So bouyed by your attitude, despite the hurdles, you're planning and determined....visions of a winner!

Ei said...

Would you believe it - rain in May...on the highveld....it's grey, cold and wet - reminds me of a Cape winter - finally these Vaalies have got it right...THIS is when it SHOULD rain! (are we still allowed to say Vaalies??! Oops). At any rate - 'comfy' weather - made me think of you, hoping you're taking it easy and feeling stronger!