Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chemo round 7 Done and dusted!

As you all probably guessed, I got my dose of chemotherapy yesterday. Seven down and one to go! I am feeling quite excited about the thought of the last chemo session being behind me soon. The chemo nurse decided to use a vein in my hand again – how selfish they are as I am sure they have not needed to use the toilet with only one able hand! Down with my loose track pants, down with the panties and then the hoisting up episode again. I managed to only have to do this once and held my bladder until after all the tubes were removed. The last two chemo rounds I have been by myself for the bulk of the session. Anet dropped me at the chemo room at 09h00, she then popped around midday to give my feet and head a massage and then came to fetch me at around 15h30. Straight to bed at home, got up around 18h30 when Anet dropped by again with dinner for us. Felt really nauseas last night which is a first so early after chemo. Today I have been at home quietly and peacefully with Sanche dropping off dinner for us tonight. Thanks also to Anja acting as my boys taxi service.

My mom phoned me last night around 18h30. Arie, her hubby, had another stoke Tuesday late afternoon and was taken into hospital. At this stage he does not even recognise my mom anymore. I will phone her tonight again to get an update on the situation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lieve Ada , alles gelezen, Ja het is maar "taffies" Houdt moed je bent byna er mee klaar.
Goeie tyd komt altyd na slegte.
Wij leven met je mee en bidden voor je. Liefde groeten , en sterkte van PA en LOMI.
Doe ook de groeten en sterkte voor je ma, van ons XXXXX

Anonymous said...

Only one more round to go...good for you girl. Keep your eye on that finish line!

Love, Judy

Ei said...

Very sorry to hear about your Mom's trying time!
Thinking of you as the after effects traipse on through...but so thrilled that May and session 8 is just around the corner actually!!
Good thoughts and energy from Pretoria.

Isabel-Anne said...

Liefste Alida,

bly die een is klaar. Bykans, bykans met die sessies klaar... Ek wens julle 'n heerlike naweek toe! Sal weer reel vir teedrink na die 6de Mei. Ons gaan die Oranje rivier 'paddle'.

Isabel-Anne

RicharD said...

Thought of you and lucky number 7.

All roads lead somewhere - keep driving albeit misty sometimes.

See ya soon