Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday blues

Hi All, I need to apologise for not doing any blog updates, but our home pc is on the blick! In fact, all 3 pc's (Dylan Sean and home) have given us problems in the last 3 weeks... can you believe that! So here is a quick update via a borrowed resource. The week has just flown by and I have had a fair share of visitors and have been feeling exhausted. We had a 'show house' again yesterday and I did very few preparations for this - the least I have even done and nobody made any comments so I will know for the future that less effort is also acceptable. The owners (Fam X) of the house that we have made an offer to purchase have come back to us asking that we extend the offer until 31 May 2008. This will give us another 6 weeks to try to sell our home in the worst market in years. We have said that is ok but are also pursuing quotes to do the renovations we had planned for our current home - with all these months of being at home I just want a complete change! Tomorrow is blood test day again - will let you know the results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alida, you are the most amazing woman! I have spent the day reading your blogs, back to day 1 in October.
I had no idea of what you have been going through until I happened to chat briefly with Simon Vickers. He gave me the url for your blog.
Thank you for sharing your journey with such honesty. Thank you for revealing yourself so completely and for drawing so many of us together in spirit. You have connected many of us now, and I am privileged to be able to join together with you and your wonderful family and friends.
My husband Paul sends his very best wishes. He was quite distressed to hear about what was happening to the lovely 'Lolita,' who had charmed him when she dined at our home in North Carolina.
We are living in Copenhagen now, and hope you (and your family!) will grace our home again one day soon.
Keep blogging. We will be following your progress every day.
Lots of love, Judy Isaacson-Gannon

RicharD said...

Hang in there neighbour