Wednesday, April 9, 2008

08 04 08

Anybody into numerology? Today’s date must have special meaning… and what about the meaning of 08 August this year… 3 eights…. Would love to get feedback on what you think?

The past week has just flown past. We, the family, went away for a few days. It was wonderful and I managed to get through 3 novels… that just tells you what I did in the week…. Absolutely nothing! The boys had a wonderful time as we stayed on a timeshare resort on the waters edge. They entertained themselves with waterskiing, fishing, tennis, squash, cycling, swimming and chatting up girls. The weather was great for the first 5 days so we cannot complain about the 2 days of rain at the end of the week.

I am feeling much better this week, though I am tired I am managing not to sleep in the afternoon but then do have a good 10-12 hours sleep at night. I can feel that my blood counts are not up to speed.

7 comments:

RicharD said...

Glad you had a good time - now we need yoour energy build up and a non nonsense 16th April session and then the dawing of the new era

rooting 4 u

Anonymous said...

Hi Alida
Great to have the blog back again.
And good to hear you guys had a nice break. Pine Lake Marina brings many fond memories back.
Regarding the 8s - will have to think about that.
I'm going to pop in and see you guys next week. Will be down there for meetings. I'll phone captain and confirm when exactly and when it will suit you guys.
Continue getting better Alida.
Jacqui Simon & Ash send lots of love.
Francois.

Isabel-Anne said...

Dear Alida,

I have been out of the mix for a while, sorry! Have started the new job, as you know, got a new computer, a new 3G card that did not work with Vista and VPN. Iwill tell you all about it when we have a cup of tea. Now that I have the link to your blog again and your personal email address, I will be making contact more frequently again. Seems as if you are doing OK? Byt vas, Dolla!! May chemo round 8 already. You come a long, long way!!

I need to succumb to Ian's request re more humour on your blog:
This little duck went into a bar and settles down on one of the high chairs. "Do you have a piece of bread for me?," he asks the barman.
"We only sell alcohol here', says the barman.
"Oh please man, do you just have a small piece of bread for me?", the duck asks again.
"I told you sir, this is a bar. I can give you a beer, a brandy or an Alida whisky?".
Again the duck asks "Please do you have a piece of bread for me?" Highly irritated by now the barman says "If you ask for a piece of bread again, I will hammer your beak to the bar counter with nails!"
"Do you HAVE nails?," the duck inquire.
"No, this is a bar, sir."
"Please give me a piece of bread, man!", says the duck...
LOL

Anonymous said...

Dearest Alida

I know that you will be strong enough for the last two chemo sessions. I will continue to pray for you....

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are back! Thinking of you this week!!

We should be retracing the steps of the 'ossewaens' in a couple of weeks - so we will pop in with some treats. Will be in touch.

Ei

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are back! Thinking of you this week!!

We should be retracing the steps of the 'ossewaens' in a couple of weeks - so we will pop in with some treats. Will be in touch.

Ei

Anonymous said...

2 comments !! - must be the Irish in me - "to be sure to be sure"

Ei