Saturday, March 29, 2008

Chemo round 6 recovery

Chemo started at 09h00 last Wednesday and I was home at 14h00, straight to bed and I slept to around 18h00. Thursday I spent the whole day in my pyjamas and had a morning and afternoon nap. Nobody can comment that I have not been looking after my dear body. Friday and today I have spend the day lazily at home with plenty of little lie downs and I had a wonderful 12 hour sleep last night. I seem to have a few nights where I sleep really badly (waking many times) followed by a night where I have a good deep sleep (suppose it depends on how deep I looked into the whiskey bottle :) ). The nausea is pretty normal for 3 days post chemo and the bones are aching. The worst ache is in my ankles and my knees. At this stage I have succumbed to cortisone – with the first chemo round I got a prescription which I have not taken until this round - what the hell, my body is so full of drugs an extra one is going to make no difference and if it is eases the aches I am smiling all the way.

I will not be updating the blog for a week… back 7 April again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are really taking a beating. Hang in there. We're rooting for you.

Ei said...

Check-net.

Thinking of you!