Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pieces of my life

On Thursday the agent came back to us with the message that the sellers did not want to accept our offer and reverted with a counter offer that was too high in my mind. Well, old stubborn Alida ‘kicked’ in…. I was not changing the offer to purchase and in essence this is the signal that we should not be buying another home and rather building onto our current home. Deep inside I did feel a bit of disappointment as I was actually looking forward to the renovation project. I shared all the news with Marietjie Thursday evening and she was over the moon that the old Alida is back….Being stubborn and getting excited about a project. As Friday progressed I was mildly surprised that there was not another counter offer as the house has been on the market for months and by Friday evening I was at peace that this deal was not meant to be…. And then during Friday evening we received a text message with the revised counter deal! Slept on it and re-signed the offer to purchase subject to the sale of our current home by 16 April. If this does not happen, then we will be at peace that it was not meant to be. All these home buying activities are helping to keep my mind busy. Tomorrow we are having a ‘show house’ (which means open to the public as a sale item) so we have a fair bit of tidying to do with the assistance of our two teens. Need to make sure that the garden is neat and the home is free of dog hairs.

The past week I have been focusing on picking up of the pieces of my life with a view to get it all going again. I cannot believe it is one week short of 5 months. I have started a very mild exercise program and have been shocked by how the chemo has destroyed my body. Last year I was busy studying an Applied Metaphysics diploma course and still have bits of the last assignment outstanding. This week I have scratched this together and got my mind around completing these by end March. It is feeling good to have a purpose again that is other than fighting the illness.

No comments: