Saturday, March 15, 2008

Neutrophils needs boosting

The past week has been busy for me. I have one appointment a day and I start stressing. Hahahahaha It is going to take me a while to settle back into work routine and the stresses that it brings. On the health front I am doing ok with the normal tendency for tiredness. I am scheduled for chemo Tuesday 18th March and for some subconscious reason I went for my blood tests Friday morning rather than Monday morning. By 13h30 Friday the oncology clinic phoned to say that my neutrophils are low (again!) (I could have told them that because I know what I feel like) and they emailed a prescription to me for medication to boost the cells. Need to take a double dose of medication for 5 days and have blood tests again Monday morning.

My hairs started falling out Thursday. The little hairs are about the length of eyelash hairs. Shame… the poor hairs battled to grow with the 6 weeks break in chemo cycle (due to operation) and now they are losing their battle. The loss process is quite unemotional this time round, which is good news.

No comments: