Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chemo 26 March - on track

My neutrophils have just made it into chemo limit. They are 1.69 with the normal range being 2.00 to 7.00, but need to be above 1.5 for chemo to be administered. I am willing to take some bets that I will have a problem again next month…. Who is taking me on??

The Easter week-end was fantastic and looking back I am grateful that the chemo was delayed. Everything always happens for a reason though we often only understand the reason in hindsight. Most of the time I just relaxed at home with DVDs and books to keep me company. The boys went camping for 2 nights, leaving mom at home alone… BLISS !!!

2 comments:

RicharD said...

Hi Got my phone back in action - so will call tomorrow ...

Ei said...

Still in our thoughts everyday! The few days after treatment, until you post, I always find myself checking the page more often than usual...just to make a connection and in some off-the-wall way hoping that that connection will contribute to easing all the post-treatment horribles! So....just connecting and depositing good energy.

Your posts have been a useful reference for our immediate family i.r.o. the Old Man's decisions on treatment.

As for your gambling bet...I remain blindly positive, so, sorry, no take! But keep up the humour!!