Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Eating habits

Quite often I feel like I have been feeling the past week. I just don’t know what to write as the chemo routine is repetitive and the side effects are following the same course. It is now a week past chemo and I am feeling good again. I certainly have my appetite back but that is the one thing I never have a problem with. One so often hears of people who say that they were so busy or so absorbed that they forgot to eat… well, that certainly never happens to me. I am very aware of my stomach and it needs to have food in it! On Monday I started an exercise programme with the blessing of all my docs, with the avoidance of tummy exercises for another 3 weeks. The first session was slow but a first step to rebuilding my body muscle. The target is to exercise 3 times a week. I would like to build up to 5 times a week in my good weeks and then chemo week will be off limits again.

Last Friday Anja popped by for a chat and a drink and as she left she said “you must be so frustrated by the walls of your home that I will not be surprised if you want to buy another house”…. And I said “Guess what…. We have been looking at other houses!!!”. And I do feel frustrated with the walls around me and seeing all the things that needs doing and then this frustrates Ian as all I can talk about is ‘work’ (a four letter word!!!). For the past few weeks Ian and I have been looking at Show Houses on Sunday afternoon…. We have nothing better to do with our time! There has been one house that has really been ‘talking’ to me and we have been back 3 times… It needs a huge amount of work but I can see the potential of a great home and we can probably get the house at a good price and it is in a better area than we are currently. Well, this afternoon we signed an offer to purchase and we have 5 weeks to get a deal on our home. Lets hope the owners accept the deal tonight.

1 comment:

Ei said...

Alida - you sound so positive - it is very encouraging. Even when you don't know what to write we're still here wondering what the feeler meter is for the day!
There's been a lot of talk about you in our house this week - we have just found out Dad-in-law has stage 4 Lymphoma......I am not sure his battle is going to be as victorious as yours so far.

Keep up the strength of mind and we're holding thumbs for the house deal!