Monday, April 21, 2008

Chemo round 7 rescheduled again

This morning I was at the hospital for blood tests at 07h30 and we left for the chemo room at 09h00. Got to the chemo room around 9h30 and they said to wait a few minutes for the blood results so suggested we pop out for a cup of coffee. Whilst Ian was buying the coffee I received the phone call from Dr L’s surgery. My white blood cells are now just within range but the neutrophils are still too low to get chemo….. shit shit shit shit!!! (Actually want to utter the F word!). The good news is that my neupogen injection has been approved so that was administered at the chemo room. So, now I am back at home with some rest planned. Chemo is now planned for Wednesday (23rd) and I have just rescheduled my gynie Dr V to later this week as that was on the plan for Wednesday. The worst of all this is that Ian is leaving for Bisho tomorrow morning so I need to call in the support group to do all the driving around of myself and boys. All the rescheduling really fucks the mind!

No comments: