Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday 05 May

In SA we have just had a week that contained 3 public holidays. Madness really when you think of the economic effects, but it seems to have had a positive effect on Escom (our local power supplier) as all planned power cuts have been terminated. Who knows for how long. Ian was home all of last week and we spent a lot of time together, mostly having lunches out so that I could still have my little afternoon rest. The boys were occupied with their own social lives, depending only on us for the taxi service. This morning Ian started his 5 month assignment in Bisho (a small town in the Eastern Cape) and I am waiting to hear if he will be coming home every week-end or every 2nd week-end. I am feeling good currently and am focussed on putting together a little workshop which is planned for Saturday. I have eight family/friends coming around for about 2 hours and I plan to teach them how to meditate. Should be fun and it is not too hectic in terms of effort and preparation for me.

Arie is home again and seems much better. The doctor is saying he had a virus that spread from the kidneys, into the blood and affected the brain.

1 comment:

Ei said...

How's the family coping with 1 part nomad?
How do the boys get to school everyday - the school run is an exhausting and stressful thing, hope you have help!

What news about your house?