Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday afternoon siestas

Sunday afternoon siestas are just the best thing since sliced bread. This week has passed at a rapid rate again. I saw Dr L (oncologist) on Wednesday and left with all the necessary paper work for the medical tests required in the next few months. Six weeks after this chemo round I need to have the tumour marker test done and schedule a visit with Dr V (gynae). Three months on I need to see Dr L with lung x-rays, CT scan of my abdomen and a load of blood tests to check my kidney and liver functioning, cell counts and tumour marker. This cycle then repeats itself every 3 months for one year, then we move to every four months for another year. I did not ask what happens after two years as we will face that when we get there.

Tomorrow I am dropping the boys at school and then Anet is coming to collect me to take me to the hospital for blood tests and then chemo if the counts are ok. I need to wait about one hour for the results so we will have a light breakfast at the hospital; they have a really nice café where we can relax.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know, you are still in my thoughts... we miss you.
Rgds
Kerry

Anonymous said...

Will think of you! Hope the blood will be ok and you will be through this step by tomorrow night.

Love,
Geertje

Ei said...

Thinking of you this morning - hoping it works out as it should.