Thursday, January 24, 2008

Busy Bee

Tuesday morning we went to the dentist for our regular check-ups. All ok on the dental front for Dylan, Sean and I. Tuesday afternoon I went to the office for the first time since the operation and diagnosis. I was a bit nervous as I now had to face all the work colleagues looking like a real chemo kid. I did a bit of focussed breathing to calm the jitters in the car park and headed up stairs. Fortunately all my access cards still work. At reception I got a big bug from the receptionist and lots of hugs from the team. Even the tea lady had a huge hug for me. I felt a much more relaxed after that. We spend the afternoon chatting about what is going on at work and catching up on personal stuff. It was wonderful!!!!
Wednesday Richard (my boss) picked me up and we had lunch and a one-to-one update on what is happening on the work front. Was good to see him and have the time with him. The last 2 days have left me exhausted and I slept like a baby last night.

No comments: