Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 01 02 Welcome 2008

The new me.... (my eyebrows are now finally giving up on me too)

The festive season is behind us and the whole world is focussed on a new year in personal, work and education. The shops are still buzzing but now it is the ‘back to school’ gear for us here in SA. Christmas week was a good week for me. Christmas eve we had a brother in law and brother around and Christmas we lunched with my family at my Dad’s place. I even had a little pony ride Christmas afternoon. All went well until Sunday when I got hit by a terrible tummy bug. Spent most of Sunday evening and night with the face looking down the porcelain pot!! New Years Eve I was still exhausted and not yet 100% so Ian and I did what we both really enjoy. We spent the evening at home with movies and by 22:30 it was lights out for both of us! Sean spent New Years eve with a buddy and the next day came home saying “Oh, happy new year mom… sorry I forgot cos I am not really a new year type of person”. Must admit that Ian and I are the same, we don’t need all the partying, drinking and late nights. Dylan spent new year camping with a friend at a dam and mentioned today that there were an amazing amount of fights new years eve…. Even more reason I don’t need the ‘over done’ bit.

5 comments:

Isabel-Anne Meeding said...

Dear Alida, Swart Suidooster they call this wind... I need to send someone up onto my roof over the weekend 'cause last night I thought something is really coming off... Christmas and New Year was wonderful, spent with dear friends. They say the number 8 stands for new beginnings. I pray it to be true for you and your family...

Ricardo Alexandre Oliveira said...

although the eyebrows are giving up, you still keep the smile :)

i reeeeeally like the new look :)

http://cdm003.multiply.com/photos/album/17/Ano-Novo_no_apto_de_findi_

this is how our New Year looked like :)

Namaste
R1

Ricardo Alexandre Oliveira said...

one last thing (from a bold guy)

If hair would be important , you know ... it would not grow under our arms , balls (from men) , and ass ;)

(hope your mum does not read the blog.... hahaha)

Anonymous said...

You really look great on that horse! Ready to get a role in a Hollywood movie.
Best wishes for 2008

Ei said...

To the new year! Many challenges but only one day at a time!!
I think you made a beautiful Christmas Fairy and hope you will cling to your great attitude each day of 2008 - even on the crappy ones.
Good luck to the boys for a good academic year!

PS: Love the horse's two-tone mane and pray tell WHO is the SHARKS supporter???