Monday, October 22, 2007

Sat Sun 20 21 Oct 2007 - Family spotlight on ME

I got up Saturday feeling quite emotionally wobbly. I decided overnight that I would create this blog and that I would create a 'ceremonial magic' display for my healing (I will explain the term more in a future post). I have created my healing ceremonial display and am very happy with it. All family and friends are welcome to add to it.

Kevin and Karen popped in for tea where more emotions where shared. Then Jen (the sister-in-law which provide the whiskey - bless her soul) popped around for a supportive visit. I had a little afternoon siesta after which Wendy (another sister-in-law) popped around to offer her support. I must mention, I have a lot of sister-in-laws..... 5 of them - fortunately we all get along, or so I think.

Saturday evening was a big night for South Africa with the Rugby World Cup Final being played. We WON!!!! Leon (my boet) and Marietjie popped around to watch the game with us. Leon is really anger with the cancer and quite some emotion was shared when we saw each other for the first time Sat, since knowing of the illness.

I have made another change in my life. For years I have really enjoyed expensive brut bubbly but have only kept it for special occasions... bull dust with that idea, from now I will drink it when I want it.

My mom phoned late Saturday afternoon to tell me that she is coming to SA for a month, arriving 28 Oct. She lives in Holland and is finding the illness quite distressing and is adamant that she is driving me to chemo and that she is going to care for me. Bless her!

Sunday, my dad and his wife popped around and my youngest brother Dick and his wife Malinda. More emotions as the siblings and parents face me physically and need to talk to me about my illness.

Sunday nite.... crash with a sleeping tablet - I am starting to depend on the little buggers.

2 comments:

Tertia said...

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I am so pleased you are doing this blog. It is so good for the soul.

Sending you all my love and best wishes. You are an amazing woman.

xx

Unknown said...

Hey aunty Alida its Amy, Dylan's friend.
I just wanted to wish you good luck with everything you are going through at the moment, because i don't know exactly how tough this news must be on you, but I can say that there were tears in my eyes when Dylan told me the news.
You must be one amazing woman to be able to cope with this and still be able to look after your two sons. (By the way, I'm sure Dylan would come in handy as your personal helper.. he told me he does'nt mind. because what else are children for? :D)
It's great that you're blogging about your experience. Im sure people appreciate it!
I can't wait to meet you, i hope it will be soon.
Hope you feel better soon and just so you know, I will pray for you too.
Lots of love, Amy
*****