Friday, November 28, 2008

Patupilone - round 2

The second cycle of patupilone is behind me. My white cell count and neutrophils are below normal range but still in allowable range for ‘chemo’ to be administered. Due to my severe nausea the doctors have readjusted the volume of chemo down by 25 percent and I am on much smaller doses of cortisone for the next few days. Shall we take some bets on what will happen in 3 weeks – I am game to place a bet that I will need medicines to increase my neutrophils and chemo will be post phoned, similar situation to a few months ago (unless the reduce chemo dose allows my body and blood cells to recover… but the effects are cumulative)

Dr J reckons I am a very strong woman – this comment brought a smile to my face – I know I am a very strong willed person (hahaha) and am blessed with a very strong physical body supporting me though this challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is the power of the mind that is stronger than any other part of the body! Stay postive and keep hope alive on this dreadful road that we are travelling on! With love and best wishes Marcelle x x x