Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Post chemo blues

Just as I thought the tide was turning, life proved to me that it has not yet. Last Monday we had a water leak in the bathroom causing Dylan’s bedroom to flood and then Friday afternoon Dylan has a little accident on his motor cycle – no big hospital damage but enough to give him a lesson in riding motor cycles and to have respect for all cars.

Yesterday I went to work (first day since chemo) and managed just over 7 hours but was hugely stretched physically. I still have terrible nausea and fatigue and did eventually phone the clinical trial unit for additional medication. This week is hectic at work as we prepare for an overseas trip next week to Belgium and Copenhagen and after that I can look forward to a 3 day weekend with my mom in Holland. My mom is already planning everything including what we are eating at each meal… bless her!

1 comment:

Ei said...

Alida - you are still constantly in our thoughts and prayers! Your strength is so admirable and we are really rooting for this trial.
Much love from Jakarandastad.