Friday, November 7, 2008

Patupilone

Wednesday morning I received the call from clinical trials unit. I have been selected onto Patupilone (the trial medication). Treatment started yesterday with blood tests, ECG, doctor visit and then the walk to the chemo room with my folder. I was home around 2h30pm and rested the whole afternoon and went to bed early. Today I am feeling quite shaky in my body and I am really nauseous. I need to force myself to actually eat anything and that for a lady who never forgets to eat :) . Ian is coming home this weekend to help out with day to day life. He leaves Monday morning again and then comes back for good next Friday. On the renovation side things are also coming to an end. The builder wants to sign off today, the electrician and plumber are done except for the last finishing which they can only do when the kitchen is complete, and kitchen contractor is finishing next Thursday – so all on track to complete by next Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alida, how many treatments will you have? Will they make you nauseous? I'm glad that you are getting this treatment, in the States we probably wouldn't have this opportunity. We have a cancer clinic in Huston,Texas that does expermential treatment, I've only known 1 person that has gotten in and she's still living 10 years later. I'm glad that your hubby will be home to stay soon. You're in my daily payers Alida, keep the faith.
lam

Geertje said...

Just read about Patupilone. So it is for sure that you get this drug instead of a placebo?

Well, now the chemo rounds start again. As far as I could read there will be 3 weeks between the treatments. Is this correct? I do hope the side effects will be bearable and your blood figures will stay as stable as possible.

Alida, I think of you. Stay in bed as often as possible and you will feel the need to do so. I wish you a good ability to recover. Will keep you in my prayers.

Geertje

Unknown said...

Dearest Alida. I have just read your story and my prayers are with you and your family. I can only imagine what you must be going through. You should remember me Ilana's sister Sharon. We have been going through a similar situation with Marcelle's husband and a brain tumour. There are no words for this.....I too will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts. All our love and hugs. Sharon.