Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tide is turning

Finally the tide is turning during this turbulent time. Yesterday morning around 08h15 the oncology clinic phoned me to share that Geneva has approved me on the clinical trials. I am a perfect fit… hehehehe. I will start treatment this coming Thursday and have to wait patiently to hear which arm I have drawn. We all pray and trust that God will give me the medicine that will cure me. About 15 minutes later I called my electrician and he fired me as the customer – I just burst out laughing as I have had my fair share of problems with him and all who know me, know that I have a high level of standard, for myself and other, and if you don’t meet this level I will not be a happy project manager, let alone customer when it is my own money being spent. This morning I already met another electrician on site and he called me later asking if he could start today as his plans for today were cancelled – ironic how all is just meant to be. Now the best news for yesterday – Ian phoned to share that he is coming home from 14 Nov – he has got a transfer to a local Cape Town based location! Blessing I am grateful for!! I can see a glimmer of light shining again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alita, I'm so happy to see your post this morning, I told you that things would get better! Now, we're going to keep the prayers going and you keep the faith. Tomorrow will be better.
Love, lam

Geertje said...

That sounds good! I do hope God knows what we can bear and steps in when it gets too much.

I am very happy for you that Ian will come home. The best available medical treatment AND emotional strength - these are the things you will need.

I will keep thinking of you...

G.

Anonymous said...

Alida, it was great reading Tuesday's message - we can feel the positive vibes all the way up here on the Highveld.
Hope your renovations are going well again and also that Dylan is feeling better.
Great news about Captain coming home for good.
We pray that this round of treatment sorts everyting out.
Thinking about you guys everyday.
The Louws