Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tue 11 Dec 2007 Chemo Round 3

Went for blood tests 08h00 Monday morning and saw Dr L at 10. Chemo did continue despite the low blood cell out. I have been given extra medication to get the blood cells to rebuild faster. Vicious circle this is! Came home and went to bed for a while. For dinner I had a bit of chicken and salad then straight to bed again with a sleeping tablet. My irritation levels are through the roof. I just want to be alone and wallow in my own sense of despair. Woke up this morning feeling nauseas and can feel the uric acid building up in my right ankle (with one with the screw in it) and my finger. Took all my anti-drugs… urgh. Off to bed again for the bulk of today.

2 comments:

Ei said...

Hi Alida - Hope I am not 'reading' your recent posts incorrectly but despite the still horrible, necessary treatment you seem to have built up strength and courage and great attitude. You're a marvellous woman and I admire you for continuing this battle with such grace.
I think of you every day and ask the Angels to watch over you - I think they're doing their job!

Isabel-Anne Meeding said...

Dear Alida, lit your candle again this morning. Actually a new one, called "Purity". A scented one that I got from one of my team members the week before last when I took them out on our Christmas supper. Seems to be a challenging week to you, this round 3? You are winning... even when sleeping... Wonderful how you are keeping-keeping-on!! Hope that you are feeling better by now and that you can enjoy the sunny Cape Town day we are having today? Promises of a great weekend, not so? Our Christmas tree is up, lights in the windows flickering.... no presents done yet...no planned full-of-brandy-Christmas cakes baked for my friends...with only 11days left? It has been a busy year. For you a watershed one? Know that we think of you eventhough there are quiet patches...