Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sat 08 Dec 2007

The past few days have been really busy with a steady stream of visitors making the most of my good week. Friday morning I went for blood tests again and Dr L’s rooms phoned in the afternoon to inform me that my red cell count is really low. That explains why I am so pale, and I thought it was just lack of sun… hehe. I need to go for blood tests again Monday 8am and then pending this chemo will happen or be rescheduled. One of Ian and Alan’s work colleagues committed suicide early Monday morning and the funeral / memorial service was Friday morning. Really sad. Alan slept over with us and returned to Pretoria this morning. It was really great having ‘my other brother’ around and we sincerely miss our best friends who are now living so far away. We received our first Belgium visitor. Benoit it was lovely to have you around last night. My niece Sian gave birth to her first born on Wed evening. Dear little Connor we welcome you into the big world! Thursday afternoon I went to see a medical doctor / homeopath to discuss my illness, my diet and the supplements I should be ingesting. It was really interesting and I am doing quite a bit correct. Just need to add more vitamin C and he has given me a natural anti-inflammatory to try thru this chemo round. The good news is that I should be eating 40g of 70% chocolate each day and a glass of red wine!
Colin and Flynn arrive from the UK this morning. I am expecting them around today. It will be a bit emotional as brother and sister see each other for the first time since we know about this illness. And then tonight we have Jen’s 40th birthday… yes, we do still know people who are turning 40… us old farts!! All in all, busy has been the call of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lieve Ada Sterkte voor morgen. Denk en bid voor jou. We hebben een dolle dag gehad. Colin en Flynn waren hier Ook Dick en Malinda en Gerry Hegie met zijn zoon uit tahitiLekker gebraai en de kinderen slapen alle 5 hier. Liefde groeten van Lomi en Pa XX