Monday, December 17, 2007

Mon 17 Dec 2007 To Weed or not To Weed

Can one lady be so spoilt? Friday night around 8pm I phoned my mom via skype. Dylan was bouncing around me asking me how long I was going to be on the call. I told him 10 minutes or so, quite patiently which is unusual as I was sure he wanted to get onto facebook. I finished the phone call and Dylan led me to our bathroom. He had run me a bath with bubbles to the rim, candles, leaves (he could not find rose petals) and a glass of wine!! A real man!!! (and a very proud mother)

Friday evening was a sleep deprived night again. I went to bed exhausted thinking I can get thru the night without the magic of sleeping tablets. Eventually at 4:30 I got up to take some myprodol and slept for 2 1/5 hours. The past week has been a nightmare again and Friday evening (and the night before) the aching joints really got to me. That got me thinking (therefore the perfect shaped head :) ) again… next chemo round I should start taking weed. This could be consumed in tea, muffin, biscuit - cigarette form would not be acceptable as this might just start me smoking again. I need to admit that I am the most naïve 46 year old in Cape Town – whilst I have physically seen weed I have never consumed it in any form... what a nerd I am! If weed is not the option I may need to convince Dr V that I need to be hospitalised for 6 days and they can keep me ‘morphined’ to the hilt – this may be the easier option for Alida the nerd.

Sunday lunchtime Ian and I met up with the work team and we had the most wonderful time. It was great seeing you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alida, it is so sad to read about the days when you are having a hard time and yes you have wonderful friends and family to support and love you through this rough ordeal.

Dylan you are a star, what a nice treat.

If it is weed that you need to try to help with the pain, then you go girl, nerds can be converted :-) I'm sure we can find some people to draw some info from about the OLD days on the best way to consume that will not get you smoking again ;-)

Vasbyt my friend, cry, shout, smoke, fly, whatever you need to do to help you through this.
Love you
Sanche' x

Anonymous said...

Dylan - just let us know when the bath bubbly supply is running low - we'll organise - special delivery!!

Alida - we're here and we're listening. Even when it seems too much, you remain a phenomenal woman...can't help quote another poster of comments and remind you of her little mantra "keep on keeping on" - like the fish Dory, in Finding Nemo "just keep swimming".
Ei

Isabel-Anne Meeding said...

Dear Alida, ai tog man!! Thinking of you... Helen and I will come visit this week... Orange 'poppies' are out of season now but I am sure we will find an alternative armfull of optimism and love to bring along. Looking forward to seeing you!