Thursday, January 22, 2009

Monday 19 Jan 09

Chemo last Friday progressed well at a very steady pace. My chemo dosage was reduced by 25% again due to the vein inflammation. This means I am now at 50% of the original dose and according to the Dr’s it is still enough to keep the cancer at bay. I did make a comment to my chemo buddy, Anet, that it makes you wonder why I needed such a big dose initially and was very abruptly reminded that I am on a clinical trial so they are testing the correct dosage!!! So far the side effects have been milder in terms of the nausea. I am still very tired and feel disorientated when I do too much physical and mental exertion. I also saw a surgeon today regarding having a port fitted – this is planned for Tuesday 03 Feb all things going well. Tomorrow should be a normal day at work and then I head off to Antwerp again for 9 days and will see my Mom this coming weekend. Even in Holland things have had there moments of strain as my Mom’s husband fell last Sunday and broke his hip. He is still in hospital post surgery and from there will be moving to a care centre.

1 comment:

Geertje said...

Dear Alida,

Just wanted to let you know that I was glad to find out that chemo and the days after were OKish. :-)

You have all my respect for being that brave and even doing your job. As you know my mom is older and already retired. We were glad she did not have to deal with the additional challenge of trying to meet business expectations while fighting for her life.

Hope you have a nice stay at your mom's. Feels like you are living around the corner at the moment. :-) Hopefully there is not too much stress due to your mom's husband.

Hugs!