Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jacobsbaai

We have had a stunning 3 nights away and the boys were really on good behavior. They did not complain too much about the lack of internet and cable TV and both managed to get through a fiction book. This morning we got stuck in together to clean the house (my brothers seaside cottage) and left around lunchtime. Home in good time for me to get on top of the washing before tomorrow’s chemo session. I am feeling in good spirits as I prepare myself for tomorrow – more positive than I have been in months! Last week Dr T shared the detail of the CT scan. The one lesion that was close to my spleen cannot be seen anymore and the total diameter of the 2 biggest lesions was 32mm in the first trial scan and now measures 24mm. This is the best news that I could have hoped for and I can just hear God saying to me “where is your faith”! So for now, my decision is to remain on the trial for another 2 months and then we reassess again.

4 comments:

Geertje said...

Dear Alida,

These are great news!!! :-)

It is not that I would trust cancer (somehow a lifelong challenge) but there is not much more we can do than keeping the faith. Good results help to maintain it. I am really happy now that I read your today's post.

Good to know you had a good trip. Good to know you feel new courage and power. I hope tomorrow will be a bearable day. And the doctors will help you to keep the side effects as light as possible. Hopefully the poison will still do its job. :-/

Alida, I will think of you. For now you made me smile. :-)

Love,
Geertje

Tertia said...

FANTASTIC news, I am so happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news Alita!!!Keep the faith, you're in my prayers.
lam

Anonymous said...

Certainly EXCELLENT news Ada. Hope to C U Soon on a visit to Slaapstad.

Alan G
Centurion