Thursday, January 8, 2009

4th round Patupilone rescheduled

This morning I headed off to the oncology unit by myself, feeling healthy and in good frame of mind. My normal partner Anet could not make today because it is her birthday… our thoughts are with you today dear Anet. Instead another dear friend of more than 20 years met me at the oncology unit and spent 90 minutes with me. All the normal tests where done… ECG, heart rate and bloods. The wait was much less than last time, but still took 2.5 hours to see Dr T. We had a good chat and after some deliberation it was decided to reschedule my chemo session of today due to the inflammation I have in my veins. I am now on more medication to ease the inflammation over the next week with chemo now planned for Friday 16 January. I have fortunately already made peace with the fact that chemo’s occur when they have to and am taking the change in my stride. It just means that our family holiday next week needs to be cut short by a few days and I can assure you all that a 17 year old teenager is very happy that he is coming home sooner. What is it with teens not enjoying family holiday!!

No comments: