Sunday, December 21, 2008

3rd round patupilone

I was really positively surprised by my white cell and neutrophil count last Thursdays. Both were inside normal range – well done dear body for recovering so well! With the holiday season in South Africa the wait for the blood test results took really long – waited over 4 hours and then got the good news that chemo would occur… .Whoopee! The past 3 days have been much better than cycle one and two on patupilone. I ‘m still bit nausea and tired, but don’t have the intense nausea of the past two rounds. Dr T (clinical trials unit) has put me onto the same anti nausea meds that I had previously on taxol and carbo platinum, and it seems to be doing the trick! I have been having my afternoon siestas and early nights to rest the body. No rest for the wicked as I will do a few hours work from home tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alida
A lot of difficult words for all the medicins you take. From here wish you and your family a very blessed Christmas.
Shalom/Hans

Unknown said...

Hi Alida
really pleased to hear this one was a little easier. Hope you and your family had a happy and restful xmas holiday. Love karen S

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best for the CT Scan today! And a wonderful healthy 2009! Even though I don't comment all the time nor do I know you but I do think of you and send you wishes across the seas! All the best!