Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dark Days

The past 8 months I have been fighting a huge battle in terms of my health. It has been the only focus for many weeks and now suddenly the whole battle has ceased and this has felt me goalless. I am filled with emptiness where I keep asking myself “now what?” Whilst on an intellectual level I understand that it is normal to feel like this after a huge battle or project, I am feeling emotionally dark and quite depressed. No new goal or challenge seems to inspire me at the moment. I hope this phase only lasts a few weeks!!

3 comments:

Kendra's mom said...

Hey, want to climb Kilimanjaro with me next year?? That's a challenge:)

When you have been fighting such a big battle and putting all of yourself into it, then I can imagine it is an anti-climax to get healthy and not have to fight anymore. Are you returning to work at all? That will get you going again. Well done on getting to where you are now. You done good!!

Unknown said...

My dear Alida,
These past months have taken a superhuman toll on your physical and emotional energy...you need to refill your reserves. And perhaps it needs to be an easy-paced, steady fill-up. You know, when the earth is really dry, it is the gentle soaking rain that does the best job of replenishing the soil.

Personally, I love going to a nearby park at the side of a lake. I wind up completely outside myself, watching parents teach their little ones to ride a bicycle, or row a boat. And the ducks and geese pass by and make it look so easy (the gliding part, not the cycling). Anyhow, it really helps to reset my switches when I am in danger of overload.

So where might you go for a little renewal?? In the meantime, I hope you can get at least a little bit of a re-charge from all the loving thoughts that are being sent your way by so many people all over the planet.
Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Hello,

You don't know me, but I came across your blog by chance and I'm wishing the best for you. :)
I would like to share this website with you. I don't know, you may already know about it but...here it is:

http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/

Peace and Love.