Monday, June 9, 2008

Where to now….

For now my body is into recovery mode, not from the cancer but all the chemo. Strange how it is that eventually you feel like you are fighting the chemo more than the cancer. The cancer almost seems secondary.

The doctors are optimistic that they have killed all the cancer cells but cannot guarantee it, so I have quite a schedule ahead of me for the next 2 years where tests and scans will be done to check for cancer growths. July 16th I have an appointment with Dr V (gynae) where the necessary checks will be done together with tumour marker blood tests. Then beginning September I need to make an appointment with Dr L (oncologist) with lung x-rays, abdominal CT scans of all the organs and a load of different blood test to check cells counts, liver and kidney functioning. This cycle then repeats itself every 3 months for 2 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ada,
This is the final stretch of the marathon when all the pain starting to tell you " will finish the race"I can only say go for it, I will be in SA soon then we can get together for the long outstnding BRAAI at our place.
Go well best regards
Desmond and Hennie from Singapore