Thursday, June 12, 2008

House Sale

Our whole deal has crashed like a stack of dominoes. Our home buyer could not sell his home by the ‘due date’ and is not willing to resign as the lending interest rates are rising rapidly in South Africa with more hikes to come. Must admit that I do agree with our buyers and I am quite pleased from our own financial point of view as well, though a bit disappointed as the change would have been very nice. The change will just have to wait for a few months (or a few years depending on this depression). Now Ian and I need to make the decision as to whether we build on our entertainment room and then at the same time knock down are few walls in the living area, redo the flooring and the kitchen.
On the good new sides regarding my health – I must mention that I am off all medication for two weeks already including my sleeping tablets!!! Great stuff hey!!

3 comments:

Ei said...

Hey good news! The med-free bit I mean, not the house...that's disappointing for now but it sounds as though your plans for 'change' could be quite exciting anyway.

Meantime I wish you many good nights' sleep.

Unknown said...

Sounds like it's time to give your house a 'second chance!' Without the enormous hassle and expense of moving, you can put your resources into choosing exactly what you want, and enjoy seeing and taking part in the transformation.

Stay well! Love, Judy

Ei said...

Checknet - How are you feeling??