Monday, April 27, 2009

2009 April 27

Last Thursday was an early morning start getting all the barium sulphate down my throat by 9H30 and before that I had to have my blood drawn and ECG done. Then the CT scan which has shown that the lesions are still the same size as a month ago. For the last two weeks I have been battling with a cold and a really bad cough so opted to give this last chemo round a miss. The sister at the chemo rooms said that I will feel really shitty after the chemo with my body already trying to fight the cold virus. I suppose my subconscious already had made the decision three weeks ago when I asked Dr J whether that session should not be my last chemo round. So besides the nagging cough I am looking forward to feeling normal again. I cannot begin to explain what it feels like to have normal energy levels – you feel like a new person who is alive for the first time where every morning is a lovely happy beautiful new day.

2 comments:

Iain G said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

yes!
lam