Monday, March 16, 2009

6th round patupilone

My goodness, has it been six rounds already, I am sure you are saying. Well, for everybody who is not going through the process every 21 days, the time does fly, but for me, I am very aware of what occurs every 21 days. The last chemo round went ok, as per all the previous sessions. I am feeling loads of fatigue and quite some nausea – Spent most of yesterday in the horizontal position. Last Thursday I had a good chat to Dr J regarding where this drug is leading me. In essence, Patupilone is keeping a lid of the cancer growth, meaning it is not spreading but is it also not going away. At each CT scan the protocol is that a CA125 test is also done. The test done end February shows the CA125 going up from 7 to 17…. The dreaded increase of over 100 percent, so the next CT scan and CA125 is scheduled for 26 March

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best for the 26th!!!

gs gratis.sofa@switzerland.org said...

I am working for one of the major oncology drug companies in Switzerland and your blog helps me not to lose sight of the patients perspective. It also helps me to keep in mind both the hard scientific as well as the emotional component of drug development.

Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts in this blog!