Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mon Tue 26 27 Nov 2007 Mom departs

Mom left Sunday evening on a flight that departed 00h25 (26 Nov). We had a very quiet Sunday morning with Ian reading the Sunday Crimes, Mom doing crosswords and me Suduko. The boys were out gallivanting with friends. The afternoon quite a few people dropped by to say goodbye to Mom. She is leaving with a really heavy heart but she must go back to her hubby. She is really torn between devils and she want to be with both, but I have had her for 4 weeks, which was totally unexpected and much appreciated. Leon and Marietjie took Mom to the airport and I am grateful for that too. At the moment of having to say goodbye, it got really emotional for both Mom and myself… lots of snot and tears…. Mom arrived well with loads of support from KLM. Thank-you Ruby, what would we do without you!

Monday afternoon Dr L phoned me about my x-ray report!! She needs to view the x-rays and wants to discuss them with an expert. As I am mobile again (hip hip hooray!!), I have found my independence again after 6 weeks, I popped off to Dr L to drop off the x-rays. Tuesday afternoon, and I have not heard from Dr L !!!! Her receptionist phoned me around 16h00 and promised Dr L would phone me tomorrow. This illness is definitely teaching me about patience!

7 comments:

Ei said...

I had a blood type test done on Adam, who we were 'told' is A- ....imagine my surprise and 'puzzlement' today to get the results: O+

Alida - whatever the results when the Doc calls, I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ada, I only heard about your blog on Saturday at Lizelle's B'day party and your Dad gave it to me. I've spent the last couple of evenings at home, reading through everything. I must say, you don't look bad at all with the new hairstyle. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you and holding thumbs. Love Anita (Malinda's cousin)

Anonymous said...

Hi there
Love and blessings to you on your journey.
Please pass on my love to Ruby from KLM from Ann ex Swissair Cape Town
xx

Anonymous said...

Last night I read through your whole blog.I found you from Tetra's blog post on grief. Your sons are right. Be positive. My my was diagnosed with stage 3?(maybe 4) ovarian cancer when she was 34. She lived until she was 50 cancer free. Sadly she died 10 years ago from lung and bone cancer.
Keep all the positive thoughts you can. I will be keeping watch.
Lexie form USA

Anonymous said...

hi again alida
my mum (who i mention frequently in my blog) was 40 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, which quickly spread to her uterus.

i was dylan's age at the time. we lived in a small town in northern canada, mum had to fly to the nearest big city for treatment. i am so glad you can be with your family and they can hold and see you.

i hope you get the results tomorrow.
tess

Unknown said...

Dr L obviously doesn't know you well enough otherwise she wouldn't be keeping you waiting .... I trust Dr L takes time to read your blog.
Glad to hear you are mobile again, I'm sure it very frustrating having to rely on others when you want to go places but it's great that you have so many people who are there for you.

I really hope the results show that the project is on schedule ... an over run on the budget is acceptable but the quality must be good.

Anonymous said...

Lieve Ada
Blij om te zien je kan weer rijden.En ook dat er verbetering is. Gister, heel veel over jou en de joune gepraat Dick en Malinda waren het hele weekend hier op het landgoed. Net gekuier, gesels en gebraai,en gebraai. 't was heerlijk weer en Blij dat je Ian's verjaardeg; IN PRIME TIME MET DE JONGENS KON VIEREN.
Ook dankbaar dat je moeder over is geweest om je bij te staan.
Liefde en sterkte
See you soon PA